Monday, August 29, 2011

Peace before the storm

"Peace before the Storm"  copyright 2011, Caris Cerdwyn, All Rights Reserved
Another misty morning the other day.  The look of these bare branches against the green bushes and trees leave me feeling quiet and thoughtful.  If I went back today they may have been blown down by the hurricane. 

The branch on the apple tree in my yard has fallen down.  I think it was the branch with the most apples on it.  I keep looking for the metaphor in it, and I'm having trouble finding it.  so maybe it's just a fallen branch, torn down by the wind gusts that came from the big storm here on the east coast.  Of course I'm not exactly "on the coast."  I hear that people were sitting on roofs waiting to be rescued, less than an hour from here in Margaretville.  That's quite an image.  Reminiscent of Katrina and the many poor people who died during that time, waiting for help to arrive, that never came.   I hope the people in Margaretville were attended to. 

The water of the river across the road from us, is high, but not overflowing its banks.  We escaped the biggest intensity of the storm, though I did hear of a burning bush a few miles away.  Downed power lines.  Of course that burning bush, was consumed.

For many people today there is a lot of clean up to happen.  The sun is shining as though nothing terribly important happened yesterday.  But for some, it was quite important.  Flooded homes, debris filled streets, loss of property and for some, 19 at last count, a loss of life.

Many prayers... 

No comments:

Post a Comment