Sunday, August 21, 2011

Abundance

"Abundance"  copyright 2011 by Caris Cerdwyn, All rights reserved.
This photo is so full of abundance, the berries, the flowers, the leaves, the water.  We have all heard, and many of us have probably been accused of, scarcity thinking!  And indeed, perhaps we have at times been rightfully accused.  See the glass as half full instead of half empty...see the abundance that you already have instead of focusing on all that you don't have.  One of my favorite professors, part Irish, part Native American used to talk about abundance..."The trouble is" he would say, "Mother Nature does not understand limits.  You want rain?  Mother Nature sends rain...buckets and buckets and buckets full at times.  Too much rain?  More sunshine?  And then suddenly you are in the middle of a drought.  Why doesn't she deliver things in moderation?"  And I would laugh, and still do.  It's true.  Mother Nature is rather dramatic in her gestures, extravagant in her gifts.

I could get serious here, but there will be other days to talk about global warming.  I'm wondering at the moment where you are feeling an abundance in your life.  Maybe I will ponder that one.  At the present I am feeling an abundance of spiritual nourishment in my life, and for that I am ever grateful.  And there are many more ways as well...  

No comments:

Post a Comment