Saturday, August 6, 2011

Color

copyright 2011, Caris Cerdwyn, all rights reserved
There is such a theme of diversity throughout nature.  I'm not sure where the term:  "It goes against nature" comes from, but it's really a very rare occurence that something goes against this force which allows for such differences within it.

I love black eyed susans.  They're one of my favorite flowers, and there are places here that they grow wild.  The photo isn't of one of those places, but I have found them, growing alone in the midst of a field.  Or growing with just a few others around.  I wonder if they are a natural wildflower to the area, or if someone brought them here.  They are in the same field out on State Land, where one summer a friend and I walked at dusk and found hundreds of fireflies dancing above it.  It seems to be a special place.  

Color is a natural thing.  I would find it very hard to lose my eyesight, though a loss of hearing would be just as difficult.  One adjusts.  But I would miss seeing the diversity of life around me...the different shades of skin and eye colors, the amazing miracle of wildflowers, and lately I have discovered Hibiscus.  (For some reason I thought they were giant poppies!  Go ahead, you can laugh at me.)  Our lawn person planted a Hibiscus in the back yard, among my beloved zinnias.  It is a dark maroon.  Maybe I'll take a photo of it, and show it to you.  One day there was just the plant there.  I didn't know what it was, though the leaves were large and dark.  And then the other day I went out and the flowers had suddenly appeared.  Isn't nature an amazing thing?  I love color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment