Sunday, August 21, 2011

Breakfast at the Reservoir

"The Dawn Comes Softly"  copyright 2011, Caris Cerdwyn, All rights reserved
It is difficult to see in this photograph...or at least distinguish as such, but on the branch in the distance, a bird is sitting, it is a blue heron.  It is waiting for breakfast to present itself.  It knows that if one is patient enough, and watches for the opportunity to arrive, daily food will offer itself. 

Each morning I return to this place I think to myself, I've taken all the really good photos I'm going to find here.  It's going just be more of the same old stuff.  But every day is new.  Every day new opportunities arrive, with their own colors and texture, their own beauty.  Each day belongs to itself.  And certainly the overall look of the land remains similar, but the daily changes keep things fresh and new, feed my spirit in ways I never expect.  Sometimes it means being patient, waiting for the opportunity to present itself.  It means showing up and watching in the quiet of the dawn or the restfulness of the evening.  It means being present with every bit of oneself, present to the sights, the sounds, the feelings, the smells, even the taste of the air.  It means opening oneself to the wonder, knowing it will not disappoint us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment