Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Imperfection

copyright 2011, Caris Cerdwyn, all rights reserved
Is this photo and this flower really less beautiful than a "perfect" one?  Do we spend inordinate amounts of time looking for the perfect...in ourselves and each other?  I was reading a short article in one of my favorite magazines:  The Sun, and the title was "His Weirdness".  It was all about a man who was dying, and all these quirky things the people around him just hate and love at the same time.  But the weirdness is probably what they will miss the most.  Imperfection can be the thing that makes someone so loveable, so memorable, so dear.

Funny, this photo looks different to me now.  It definitely tickles my fancy...makes me smile.  Perhaps these flowers are actually reveling in their eccentricities....a petal out of place here, a drooping leaf...who woulda thought?  Only someone who can appreciate eccentricity, eh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment