Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Morning at the Reservoir

"Misty Morning"  copyright 2011 by Caris Cerdwyn, All Rights Reserved
Took an early morning meander at the reservoir.   There was mist everywhere, until the sun came through on this shot.  It came out nicely, so I thought I would share.  Madeline was happy to be out and about at the time of day, and I was as well.  Got a good amount done before I had to leave for an appointment at 10:00.

Last night at our writing group, a bunch of youngsters came in and sat down really near where we were working.  Our numbers were down last night, there were just four of us.  The dynamics with the kids in the room really changed.  I was aware of what I was writing and whether it was proper for them to hear.  I was also wondering why they had to sit there, I felt annoyed.  A couple of us had that reaction, while another woman was so happy to see them and watch their interactions with each other.  When they started using the "B" word, I stared at them, which caused one of their number to start laughing uncontrollably and shoot stuff out of her nose.  They moved along eventually.

Writing felt good last night.  I've been so grateful for that group.  My upsets and frustrations just melt away that hour and a half, and I'm not the only one for whom that is true.  There's something magic about doing writing practice together, and every once in a while I feel out of it, and my writing feels awkward and stilted, but that's part of the process.  The junk is part of the process.  It clears the way for the really good stuff to come out.  I may share one of my pieces with you tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment