Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Late in the Season...

Copyright 2011, Caris Cerdwyn, All Rights Reserved

Not sure what the fruit like things are in this photo.  But was hoping to catch a raindrop or two.  You can see them, but they aren't defined.  I guess I should take some lessons and learn to use the camera.  But I think I'm feeling a bit like this tree...it's late in the season!  I usually like to learn new things, but I think as we age, it seems to be more of a push to put myself out there to do it.  It's still possible.  And I do learn new things.  And sometimes I just refuse, hearing an old person's voice in my head:  "I've lived this long without it!" 

copyright 2011, Caris Cerdwyn, all rights reserved
Dragonflies, crab apple trees and apple trees are starting to lose the young look about them.  Especially on rainy days.  That isn't such a terrible thing you know.  This is the beginning of the harvest, and the apples will be ripe before long...filling the bins at the grocers with their wonderful aroma.  I noticed that Pennsylvania peaches are being sold at the local fruit and vegetable stands.  Yum.  I will make a special trip, as a perfect peach reminds me of all that is Divine! 

Those of us feeling a bit tattered at this time of our lives, well this is a time that we bear fruit.  The apple tree in the back yard, there is a branch broken...though it hasn't broken completely off.  And even that branch is filled with apples.  Where are they getting the nourishment to grow and to ripen? 

I've been reading about Mother Theresa after the age 50.
She was feeling as though God didn't want her, didn't love her any longer.  She felt cut off, perhaps like that tree branch, and yet her life bore so much fruit.  She just kept doing her work, however she felt, bringing cheerfulness to her Sisters of Charity, and to the dying and the poor of the world.  What happens at this age?  Why do so many people feel profoundly different than they have felt at other times in their lives? 

No comments:

Post a Comment