Monday, October 17, 2011

Cherishing Now


This morning I realized that I don't have a new photo to post.  Most of them have been posted either here or on my lectionary blog.  And the reality is that I haven't been affording myself the time each day to take the dog for a walk and open my eyes to the moment.  Instead I am buried in "stuff," sorting, packing, being overwhelmed and frustrated, stressed and thinking about a different kind of future that begins in the not too distant future.

Taking a walk would clear that space that is all full of up with the stress of transition. It would help me be more motivated, and it would help clear the physical space as well as the mental and emotional and spiritual.  We get busy and we think that we're too busy to take the time to do the things which nourish us.  Was it Martin Luther who prayed four hours every day, and when he had a busy day he prayed six?  I'm quoting it wrong I'm sure, but you get my meaning.  The busier we are, the more we need the spiritual part of our lives to be healthy and well fed.  Well...maybe tomorrow I'll get out and about with my camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment