Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Beyond the Now

"A Blue Dawn"   Copyright 2011, C. Schroeder, all rights reserved
There is something slightly out of focus here, and the scene feels soft and muted because of the mist.  The effect is lovely.  I especially love the reflection in the water. 

Our life here could be a reflection of something clearer, something beyond now, something that holds a bit of mystery, and yet faith helps us to know that the mystery is part of the story, part of the fun.  When we become too immersed in hard cold facts, we lose something of truth.  We become stuck and unable to open to growth and change.  Of course, if we get too caught up in the mystery and the not yet, we become out of balance.  Walking in the present with opened eyes to the realities of this world, while keeping a part of ourselves connected and rooted in the not yet, the eternal, gives us balance.

Many years ago now I had this beautiful dream one night.  I was walking in a place that looked like Israel.  I had walked up a steep hill, and I stopped to gaze off into the distance, where there was a city.  Perhaps Jerusalem?  The view was a strange one.  It was almost as though I were seeing double.  There were two cities superimposed upon each other.  And from different positions, I could see each of them, and at times they became one.  but one of them was clearer, and it was shining with the gold of the sun.  And I knew it was heaven.   And I knew there was something true and glorious in that dream.  God felt near. 

I am not certain as to why this comes to mind this morning, but I want to see this world from both perspectives, with a willingness to dig in and get my hands dirty and all the while, with a clear connection in that beautiful, mysterious "not yet." 

No comments:

Post a Comment