Sunday, October 23, 2011

Acceptance


Accepting what comes to our lives and accepting what goes from us, enables us to be present and to be at peace.  The rain falls, and though the flowers look droopy when it does, it is wonderful for their growth.  And when the sun shines, it is wonderful for their growth. 

Whatever life may bring us can be wonderful for our growth.  That doesn't mean it is easy.  But if we are willing to open ourselves to it, accept what it is, as it is, the struggle doesn't need to be as intensely overwhelming.  We can find peace. 

The sun is shining through a bit today, and I'm feeling better than I was yesterday.  I accepted the pain of yesterday, accepted my limitations in it, and today I accept that I have more to give to my packing up and moving on.  Or maybe I will take a walk with my camera!  Since these photos are older ones. 

The truth is however, that sometimes we wrestle with reality.  I think it makes it more difficult for those around us as well as ourselves.  As I age, opening my heart to the changes, instead of railing against them, enables me to move through my days with more grace, and a more restful feeling. 

May you find peace in the acceptance today.  May you find grace.  And may there be some laughter in the midst of it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment