Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Invisible

"Invisible Sundog"  copyright 2011, Caris Cerdwyn, All rights reserved
So that's a crazy name for a photo, isn't it?  I mean why would you do that?  A photo either has something in it, or it does not.  So why in the world say it has a sun dog when the photo doesn't show that?  Well, I suppose I do things like that because I'm a bit eccentric.  Always have been.  But the real reason in this case, is that there was a wonderful sun dog...a beautiful rainbow like thing around the sun.   My camera however, didn't like being pointed into the sun and simply refused to pick it up.  I tried many times to capture it, as that rainbow like thing was a beacon of hope to me that day.  A kind of confirmation, off in the west, that it is time to go chase rainbows again. 

Perhaps it is no accident that it is invisible.  There are some moments that one cannot completely capture and at the same time keep it free.  It is enough for me to know that the sun dog was there that day.  It was enough to feel Spirt's whisper, and to open my heart to that moment.  And more than that, wanting to pin down that moment was too much to ask.  There are many times that moments do get recorded.  But it is a good thing to remember that they are records of moments.  Only that. 

Spirit likes her freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment