Sunday, September 4, 2011

Friends...

"Swinging Away..."  copyright 2011, Caris Cerdwyn, All rights reserved.
We sing a song at the UU called "We Laugh, We Sing..."  and one of the lines talks about the importance of friends.  Friends are golden.  I have known so many over the years.  People I treasure.  People I value.  Not everyone is still a part of my life, but I remember each with gratitude.  Even the friendships that ended badly.  We all have those.  Misunderstanding, miscommunication, selfishness, thoughtlessness, anger can bring relationships to a grinding halt.  Sometimes even some forms of emotional abuse happen.  Too much clinginess.  Too much exclusivity.  Too much dependence.  The list goes on and on.  When I can, I try to reach out and heal and reconcile.  But it isn't always realistic, is it?  Sometimes we have to accept endings as part of our lives.

But then there are those long time friends who are just there through thick and thin, who know you and all your warts, and find you loveable all the same!

I am so grateful for mine!  (my friends of course...not my warts... I know that's what you were thinking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment