Friday, June 24, 2011

Shine On

thanks to public-domain-images.com
One of my favorite songs to play is "This Little Light of Mine..."  Not the mamby pamby version, but the one with the gospel feel to it.  (I got really annoyed when a few years ago someone used it as advertising for a weight loss thing.) 

We all have that divine spark in us, and some of us shine more brightly than others.  But each of us, and I mean that quite literally, each of us has a gift to bring to the world, and we should be doing all that we can do in order to bring it.  There was a quote I read the other day that said something to the effect that it's not about what the world needs, but getting out and doing the thing that brings us to life.  I would argue that it is doing the thing that brings us life that the world desparately needs.  And often, it is in meeting a need that we find the place where we shine the most brightly.  I don't buy into selfishness, and it being all about us all the time.  It's about giving our best to the world.  About letting our light shine as best we can.

Well...I've got some shining to do around the house today.  My room needs some cleaning before the telephone guy arrives. 

enjoy the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment