Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ghost Tours

public domain photo -- (looks a bit like a flashlight to me!)
Last night was opening night for ghost tours at Hyde Hall in Cooperstown.  As always when doing a performance, I worried about forgetting my lines, but luckily for me, the part allows for "story telling" rather than going according to a strict script.  I must say, that house is really spooky at dusk.  It's dark and damp, and there is much history there.  I play a woman who lived there in the 1800s, over 150 years ago, and my story is a rather serious one, and unpleasant in places.  Another part, the daughter of a "servant", is quite entertaining, and I get to add a few "punctuations" to her piece.  We played to sold out performances.  We had originally agreed to two performances per night, but they added a third last night.  All three were full.  If you attend, it is on Wednesday evenings, at 6 pm and 7 pm.  We may add 8 pm if we continue to sell out.  We had to turn people away yesterday.  Ghosts are popular.  I expect it is because most if not all families have them.  And most of us have had experiences we can't quite explain.

Speaking of experiences we can't explain, my earl grey tea keeps getting put in the freezer.  I have no memory of doing that.  Of course that really doesn't mean I didn't do it.  It just means I was thinking about something else.  Or maybe there's a ghost.  Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment