Tuesday, April 12, 2011

movin' me down the highway

Sitting in a small diner, I was looking uninterestedly at the menu, deciding what to order for breakfast.  After getting the special, which was a great deal and included my coffee, I settled in to do some writing.  I looked down hard, trying to hide the tears which kept slipping down my cheeks unbidden.  I was feeling so dead inside.  Another dream has died.  I had told the director at school I was withdrawing.  As much as I have loved the process, the PTSD from which I suffer had become unmanageable in class. 

Jim Croce came on about that time, singing an old song from my teen years.  Like a pine tree echoing down the sky, I've got a name...And then I've got a song, and finally, I've got a dream.  Movin me down the highway...

I hope I can remember my name, and find my song and give birth to a new dream.  It's getting so hard.  Say a little pray for me dear readers.  A little hope, a little grace, a big miracle would be a good thing right about now.

Peace,
Caris

No comments:

Post a Comment