Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pajama Day

Tuesday, March 8th, 2011...Caris's pajama day will begin!  A day for lying in bed and reading.  Perhaps I will study....or perhaps I will read some enjoyable thing...or maybe I will be really lazy and just watch TV.  There will be snacks that are easy to fix.  No responsibilities.  No going out for one day.  Just a day to catch my breath. 

Taking time for rest seems to be a lost art in our society.  Even the children have been placed on this crazy wheel, chasing around and around, unable to get off.  Soccer, choir, drama club, cheerleading, not to mention hours of homework every night.  Yipes!  Back in the day....40 some years ago now, I remember long summer days, riding my bike, taking time to be with friends, doing the things I enjoyed.  Time didn't feel so frenetic

Well, some delivery people are putting in a new bed...something that will give me more support for my back.  I can hear them bantering with each other in quick Spanish words, as thumping and rustling and some motorized sound is happening above me.  They've got a four hour drive ahead of them tonight...back to Albany and then Jersey.  A long day.  I wonder if they have a pajama day in their future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment