Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Blessings of Technology...

Well, I just lost a month of blogs! Argh!!!!! I downsized my website, and unbeknownst to me...though of course it would not have been unbeknownst if I had read the fine print...the blog on my website was dependent on the higher price. So it is gone. Not into thin air of course, because everything ever written on the internet is there someplace in cyberspace. However, the good news is that this is the perfect opportunity for me to practice this detachment thing. Everything is temporary. What am I? What am I besides mind and form? What is my blog? What is my blog besides stream of consciousness mixed with my odd sense of humor?

Well, switching faiths here for a moment: "All shall be well, and all shall be well, all manner of thing shall be well!" as my dear old friend Julian of Norwich said so long ago.

Visiting the Unitarians this morning I was happy. It seems just the place for a confused Christian, semi Buddhist, daughter of the Goddess. What a wild ride this life is at times. You think you have it figured out, and then suddenly there is a surprising twist of fate, and you find yourself lying on the floor looking up at a midnight sky full of stars and a round full moon that seems to be laughing at you. Roop Verma spoke with us about the vast universe, most especially that of electricity. Objective movement, subjective movement and there was a third which essentially is the mystical movement! He managed to take a cup of that ocean and toss it out on us, giving us just a drop of that eternity this morning.

After the service I hoofed it down the stairs to sing with a group of women preparing for a service on March the 6th. I can't be there on the 6th...because I will be in Massage school. Poor me. But the group may continue meeting and singing. I am hoping that it will be at a time I can join in. Because I was all smiles after that wonderful time this morning. Joy, joy, joy!

I am hoping to start Yoga this week. I have mixed feelings about it, but I hope to do it none the less. No worries. No stress. Just embrace the possible and look for the joy.

J.S. is back at home. Still many hours away from me. But she seems closer. We laughed a bunch yesterday. I think I was teasing her rather mercilessly.

1 comment: